The Baden-Powell Guild UK supports continuously the Nepal Educational Support Trust (NEST). This Trust brings a sustainable and substantial improvement in the quality of life of disadvantaged communities in Nepal. They create education opportunities for marginalized children and youth particularly for girls, children with disabilities, and ethnic minorities.
The B-P Guild UK supports the Prajwal School in Makawanpur in the province of Bagmali, Nepal. Donations were done while other support actions are still going on:
- The purchase of solar lights.
- An amount of money to buy equipment for a Sure Start centre (Sure Start Children's Centre provides a wide range of services to help families with young children, including day care. They help parents and guardians to look after a growing child, offering advice and services such as help with managing money and benefits and child development).
- The purchase of equipment for the school.
- Delivery of materials for art work as much is needed to develop resilience and social and emotional skills following the Covid 19 pandemic, for the children at Prajwal School.
- The purchase of laptops for pupils. Pupils could not attend school due to Covid 19. To help these pupils to continue their education at home they needed laptops or tablets to receive their lessons.
- The continuation of scholarships and costs for uniform, books and transport to school.