Recently Kune village held an unusual ceremony by the senior villagers and entrepreneurs including the head of the village together with the men, women and youth of the village to congratulate the members of the Maharashtra State Indian Scout and Guide Fellowship.
After a lapse of 25 years the development work was done by this Fellowship during the years 1988 to 1998. The villagers still remember and gratefully acknowledged the activities of the Fellowship of conducting medical camps, establishing medical clinic, kindergarten, nursery, deepening and concreting water reservoir, Bio gas plants, bore wells etc. Providing band party to tribal youths, renovating the village temple, distributing utility articles from time to time to needy families and providing study materials to the students of the primary school and above them inculcating in them the spirit of self-sufficiency by arranging to provide small loans from the bank for starting small businesses and creating a sense of entrepreneurship.
The village is now transformed into a well-developed village, a two-story school with a computer lab and engaged in many other teaching and training activities. The villagers and many well-established youths felt indebted to the state Fellowship for all the work done during those 10 years when many of them were then young boys and girls of 5 to 10 years. They specially felt obliged for the 1000 square feet banquet hall then constructed by the Fellowship where presently a well-equipped Gymnasium is being conducted by the village council.
It was a memorable morning rewarded to the state Fellowship filled with the affection and goodwill of the villagers. The project was a partnership between the Feldkircher Guild of the National Scout and Guide Fellowship of Austria and the Maharashtra State Guild in India. The event was a great surprise, initiated by one Mr. Ramdas Shelar, now a successful businessman, and his friends and the head master of the village school.